Thursday, September 23, 2010

Enemies Of Reason

I watched Enemies Of Reason last night with Professor Richard Dawkins. That's to say that I watched a show in which the good professor featured, I wasn't with him watching it, and honestly it was like being hit round the head with a very small idiot being wielded by a much larger idiot.

I really don't know how he keeps his temper, I wanted to punch my TV after about three minutes and my mood just got worse. The show had a run time of about two hours.

Psychics, mediums, homeopaths, reiki healers, horoscopes, chakras, tarot card readers, crystal ball readers, angels, spirit guides, dowsers, religious kooks and, of course, Deepak-fucking-Chopra.

Two hours plus of the kinds of scams you'd have to have been lobotomised by a masturbating monkey to fall for, yet there there were, lining up like well dressed extras from the latest zombie flick, queueing to buy the latest quackery from the weirdest quack they could find.

People often claim that Dawkins is 'shrill', if I was presenting that show you'd have seen a working demonstration of 'shrillness' applied in liberal doses with a fucking baseball bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment